Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Stabli light with wrench came on and my traction light as…

Customer Question
Stabli light with wrench...

Stabli light with wrench came on and my traction light as well can not cut off the traction light

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

In my speedometer display there is a wrench and it says stabili service . in the gauge area it shows a car in orange slipping. that will not shut off when pressed. I have 75'000 miles on my vechicle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '75 Chevy?

It is a 2013 equinox LT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Equinox yourself? What have you tried so far?

When I started it this morning this is what I saw. The only thing I have tried is trying to cut off stabilizer button

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No not really

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you , I will try to help you with this issue

that wrench light telling you the abs system has picked up a wheel slip condition or the parts in the system failed

now to know for sure on 2013 ,it will need to be hooked up to a gm scanner or equivalent and read fault codes and based on these fault codes we can pull up a pin point troubleshoot and be accurate

the local p arts store now days scan for free but there scanner only scan for engine fault codes ,in this case you need a capable scanner that can read gm abs module

now you can try reseting in case was a glitch using below procedure before take it in

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

If I take it to a dealer ship is this covered in my 100,000 miles warranty . I have 75, 000 on it

ok sounds good sir

You are very welcome :)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat