Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Why does my S10 Blazer 1996 get very hot then cool down

Customer Question
Why does my S10...

Why does my S10 Blazer 1996 get very hot then cool down automatically?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

1996 Blazer 6 cylinder*****automatic gear.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

It is in very good condition, I bought from a friend who had it sitting in her yard for 9 years and had a radiator replace, a fuel tank replaced and had the engine looked at by a professional mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am driving it, as it is very good running condition, to work which is 30 miles one way and for about 6 months now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that I had the battery replaced too, and it has the abs brake lights on which the mechanic said was due to the ABS module had shorted out and needs replaced, but haven't gotten around to do it yet.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 4 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Have you noticed any coolant leaks at all?

Have you checked the coolant level?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

I have checked everything including the coolant level and when the radiator was replaced 6 months ago it replaced all with the best coolant available.

Thank you for that information.

Would you like me to list some possible causes?

I am not satisfied as to where this is going so I will have to say now that I am not interested in any further communication and will ask for a refund. Thanks anyway

Ok, no problem.

Have a great night!

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician