Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Fuel filter assembly is giving me problems, I had it

Customer Question
Fuel filter assembly is...

Fuel filter assembly is giving me problems, I had it replaced 3 yrs ago and I haven't put that many miles on my truck since. what is the life expectancy of this part? A 2004 Chevy Deramax 2500 197000 miles on her

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

On the passenger side, top portion of the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Moblie mechanic came to my house and rebuilt it and it worked for about a week, now its not starting up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just wanted to know the life of this part and to make sure before I replace it that it is actually needed, it is a pricey job and I wanna make sure before spending all this money

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/30/2017
Chevy Mechanic: TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH replied 7 months ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** long ago did he rebuild it??

3weeks
I have to call you later, I have another matter to take care of

and it worked after?what did he rebuild? usually you just replace the fuel filter inside?