Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I replaced the battery in my 2007 suburban LTZ and the sound…

Customer Question
I replaced the battery...

I replaced the battery in my 2007 suburban LTZ and the sound system and DVD stopped working no power

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Once i changed the battery has not been any power to sound sytem

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuse 41 under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all i know

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/30/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok so there are a few other fuses to check, when you check them use a test light or volt meter to ensure power at the circuit fuse 40, 45, in the same fuse panel as 41

Fuses 40,41,45 are all good

ok so next we will have to do a vehicle reset, this is done by removing negative battery cable then positive, touch both terminals together for 1 min wait 15 more then install positive then negative, and try again

Waiting 15 min to pass the i will reconnect positive then negative

ok sounds good

still no power to radio

ok so next we will have to pull the radio and check power at terminals on the radio and the vicm to determine whats going on

can you check power without a meter

test light, but its not very accurate as there are no voltage readings

ok i have the radio out,
just to be clear there are no lights lite on the front of the radio its totally dark

ok for power your looking at pin 1 red white wire and ground is pin 8, both are in the X1 connector

There are three connectors on the back which one is the X one connector closest to the passenger door or driver door or middle

it should be labeled in some small letters on the connector somewhere, ill see if I can find which one is which, the color of wire and pic location should also give it away

it should be c1 or x1 im still looking for a connector location

its not giving me that exact location

I think I found it I will put a meter on it and see what happens

check with key in the on position

Meter reads 11.9

ok hows your ground?

Not sure what ground you're talking about

The ground on pin 8 its a black wire as mentioned above in same line as checking the power

Ground reads 14.6 with the car running

can you check that on the ohms setting?

I do I think my meter has ohms

ok so if you have power and ground at the radio the head unit is bad and needs to be replaced

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician