Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2002 3500 chevy van and the front turn signals both…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 3500 chevy van and the front turn signals both flash when I have the headlights on when i use my turn signals

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Yes the turn signals work great if the headlights aren't on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed the turn signal lever with wiring and the switch that turns on the headlights i think i have a wiring prroblem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/30/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Since the switch was already replaced and did not resolve the fault here the most likely cause is a ground loss issue.When there is a ground loss issue the lights back feed through the circuit to search for a ground causing this fault.

I would have the ground wiring checked running from the battery to the engine and body as well as back of the engine to the frame for any issues.The head light ground and turn signal ground wiring also needs to be checked for any issues with a ground needing repaired or cleaned and tightened.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician