Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The door ajar chime won't stop, and everything is closed…

Customer Question
The door ajar chime...

The door ajar chime won't stop, and everything is closed tight, I have to drive a couple of hours each day and it chimes the whole time I have to disable it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

05 uplander

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Uplander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've just checked and rechecked all the doors so far. I don't know what to look for to disable it and I don't want to mess with it before I know what I'm looking for and where to find it

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/29/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

I answered your question earlier but you didn't reply with any additional questions. But the sound comes out of the front drivers side door speaker so the only way to disable chime would be to disconnect speaker. Let me know if you have more questions, you can reply at any time without additional fees. Please do not forget to rate answer, thanks.

I was on the phone with my son's doctor. I couldn't answer right away. There is no sensor or anything I can disconnect? It has to be the whole speaker so I can't use my car radio or anything?
I asked a question and I got a notification that it could take up to 24 HOURS for a response. Like a normal person would I went on about my day. I was on the phone with my son's doctor. I got a notification that you answered and I checked it as soon as I finished the phone call. Your first message was that you were ready to help me, your second message NO LATER than ONE MINUTE on the time stamp after the first message says, you tried to answer me but I didn't have any questions. I just paid $28 for THIS?! You've GOT to be kidding!!