Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Keep stalling. It was and yes. 2002 suburban. Tried to crank…

Customer Question
Keep stalling Mechanic's Assistant:...

Keep stalling

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

It was and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2002 suburban

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to crank position sensor gas pressure sensor

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Do you happen to know what codes are being stored?

Does it stall when idling?

No it only stall when driving

Does it fire right back up?
Also, any idea on the codes?

After about a minute
P0300 p0420

I would try pulling the front O2 sensor on bank*****it. See if it stops stalling, the code P0420 points to the catalytic converter and if it's plugging up when it gets hot it will cause the P0300 and stalling issue. Lot's of times the vehicle will idle without a problem even when it's blocked, but under load it will stall.

It may also need a tune up, some plugs and wires on it. If they are old it could be loading up with fuel causing it to shut down. Finally, check the fuel pressure, if the pump is weak it could cause this concern as well. This is if removing the front O2 sensor on bank 1 doesn't help anything.

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician