Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The taillight wiring harness got cut (by a vandal) and I am…

Customer Question
The taillight wiring harness...

The taillight wiring harness got cut (by a vandal) and I am trying to splice them back together but I am having problems. 05 Tahoe btw. There are three same-color wires that I have switched twice and am still having issues. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Bulbs are all new, connections are fine, because when I turn on signals or hit brakes, wrong lights come on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, color coded spliced wires but they are obviously wrong.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Three pairs of wires are same color, switched them with no luck.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

What are the same color? Light blue?

What is and isn't working?