Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My tailgate wont open and I don't know where the second fuse…

Customer Question
my tailgate wont open and...
my tailgate wont open and I don't know where the second fuse panel is Cheverolet 2009 equinox
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you,I will try to help with this issue

this is how the system work,no relay ,we have a bcm, there is no fuse for lift gate we have switch,then bcm then latch

NOW THERE IS FUSE FOR BCM IN THE I/P PANEL FUSE BOX,LABELED BCM NUMBER #20 FUSE A 10 AMP ,CHECK THAT FIRST AND WE GO FROM THERE

MOST CASES IT IS THE SWITCH OR BCM BUT WE HAVE TO TEST

2009 Chevy Truck Equinox fwd V6-3.6L

Save Article

Rear Hatch/Gate Description and Operation The liftgate can be opened by operating the switch on the instrument panel. Battery voltage is supplied to the liftgate actuator through the body control module (BCM). The BCM will pulse the liftgate actuator when a release input is received through the key fob, or the instrument panel switch.

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Did you scan it with factory scanner or equivalent to read faults codes from vehicle modules including bcm ?

LETS START HERE AND WE GO FROM THERE

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat