Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Passenger door window is stuck in the down position. The…

Customer Question
Passenger door window is...

Passenger door window is stuck in the down position. The door motor regulator is good. Where is the fuses and circuit breakers and or relays located?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?

New battery, 146000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2004 2500 avalanche

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just locations of those parts I mentioned

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The circuit breaker is in the fuse box inside the truck, it's a 25 amp breaker, however it runs both sides so I don't believe that or the fuse will be causing the issue here. If you have a test light and can access the switch we can check and make sure the driver door module has power and go from there. The fuse is the same for both windows since they are on the same breaker as well. So, since you have somehow already determined there isn't a problem with the window motor, we need to test the driver module to find the cause.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

The door module...is that what the switch is installed on and am I checking power to the module on what color wires of that connector?

Yes and you will check for power on the orange wire.

Then I believe you should see power on the brown wire to the window motor when you put the switch in the down position, but check the other wire to be sure.

The dark blue might go to power while the brown wire goes to ground to get the motor to move down

It's difficult to tell from the wiring diagram.