Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

P0089, 2010 camero v6, just stated last night yes, I repace…

Customer Question
2010 camero v6 Mechanic's...

2010 camero v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just stated last night yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I repace my 2 cats 6mos ago

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
last night car started sputtering code p0089,p003,p0300 I replace my 2 cats converters 7 months ago now ??? is ignition coil???? should I go to dealer or small time shop can I drive it until I get it fix like two blocks to until I take it in???
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 8 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** i can assist yuo with your camaro
The high pressure fuel pump located on the top rear of the engine on the drivers side is the fault and will need to be repaced
is it costly???
The part alone from a dealer is around $450 plus labor
I hope you're satisfied with my answer and would kindly leave me a 5 star rating. Thank you
can drive for a couples of day until repair

Yes but it could possibly leave you stranded

Rating the service does NOT close the post. It will still be available

I was told it’s fuel injectors 2 does the gasket need to be replace when replacing the injecters?
The intake manifold needs to be removed so yes i recommend replacing the gaskets and the small fuel feed pipe that goes to the pump as well as they are a 1 time use
Is it nessary to replace all injecters?
In my opinion, i would replace the pump first because with low fuel pressure it can set the po300. I dont think i cant help you any further

I would ask that you kindly rate my help with you at this point unless you are just looking for a completely free diagnosis

Chevy Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,keep in mind that since we are doing this over the internet I need as much info as possible about your issue no matter what seems important or not, all info is helpful. Also please do not simply rate negative if you find an issue with info that is relayed, I am truly here to help and will do what i can to get you the information you need,thanks!

here is the diagnostic info for the p0089

you will need to recheck codes, I do not see the p003 as a proper code.

the p0300 is a misfire code that cannot determine the exact cylinder which means all cylinders are most likely misfiring .

i would replace the high pressure pump and also inspect the camshaft lobes when the pump is out.

almost all manufacturers have issues with the camshaft lobes and the high pressure pump, it is yet to be a perfect engineered system..

hope this helps.

please let me know if you need more info,.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified