Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I changed the six disk changer in my original radio but it…

Customer Question
I changed the six...

I changed the six disk changer in my original radio but it will not play CD's

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No it will only load one cd

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2004 Silverado z71

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I just took the radio apart and put another CD player in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is all I did to it so it would recognize my radio with out locking it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics replied 7 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics

IF you changed the CD Changer with the "same Part Number" CD Changer & it only Loads "1" CD, then you have an issue Internally with the Drive Circuit Board.
IF you used a "different Part Number", then the issue can be the Changer & / or the Drive Circuit Board
Use of Bench Testing will be needed
.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.

Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

did you fix the problem?

You agreed to Rate the answer when you signed up
Thank you.

Did you have any other questions?
Thank you.