Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2012 chevy cruze steams coolant out of cap and you can see…

Customer Question
2012 chevy cruze steams...

2012 chevy cruze steams coolant out of cap and you can see coolant boililn when you turn car off. after about two weekes you need to add coolant

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

130,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cruze yourself? What have you tried so far?

No one stop in jackson ga has checked it numeros times. changed thurmostat and cap when thurmastah changed it was in bad shape and in peices

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Gauge in car seems to be working ok no leakes except spewing steam out of cap and coolant boiling. you can hear it boiling after you cut motor off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/27/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will try to help yoiu with this issue

did it over heat on you and got in the red zone on gauge and you kept driving on it

are you losing coolant ?

i take it the thermostat got stuck closed and over heated ,question is did it stay overheated enough to blow head gasket ,if the system was bled correctly with new thermostat and the Fans are running then there should be no over heating

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

when it overheated I stoped and added water to get home. only on hot fo a min. Whet i took it to shop the did a ballon test and said head gasket was ok. then he ran a camra through system and saw some kind of blockage. he removed water pump and found a piece of old thurmastat. with new cap it doset steam as much,but still boils and steams some. in two or three weeks I will have to add coolant. I know not to let it run hot. keep a gal of water in trunck for that
Well we either have small leak and we have air pocket causing overheating or the head gasket is blown causing the boiling over if the gaskets checked that leaves air pocket, water pump , radiator

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat