Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2017 Cruze (No warranty) that reports "Service

Customer Question
I have a 2017 Cruze...
I have a 2017 Cruze (No warranty) that reports "Service Theft Deterrent System." New GM key programmed via the 30 minute learn procedure. PCM reports P3051, P3055, P12A6 and P018B. It starts after sitting overnight and runs for about 1 minute then dies and does not start again. After programming info center reported "1 Key Programmed" and the key idled for about 1-2 minutes. If you mess with the accelerator at all it will die and not restart. Best way to get it to stay running is to let it idle.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
^^^^The key doesn't idle, but the car does. :) The trunk got some water in it and the 5A fuse sitting directly next to the battery was blown.
In addition, during no start state I have verified a no spark condition (starting fluid post MAF) and no fuel pressure (via scan tool).
11/26/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** i'm here to assist you.....could you possibly send me the v.i.n.

Rather not post here...can email it

Is your cruze gas or diesel

gas

Go inside your trunk, remove the bottom carpet/panel and look to see if it's full of water....or any signs of anything being wet

No water/moisture. Was once wet, but it is not now. 5A fuse sitting next to battery was blown. Replaced this fuse and it did not blow again. No corrosion on terminals. All connectors cleaned with CRC electrical connector cleaner and blown out.

Ok....the reason i wanted your vin was there's a recall on some of these vehicles for this problem

Ran VIN and no recalls for this car.

In my opinion there has been water damage to the modules that are in the bottom of the trunk....all the codes you have lead to 2 modules that are back there

Sorry the converter power supply was replaced.
Fuel Pump Control Module has to be programmed, so this is not something I can do.
Why the "Service Theft Deterrent System" message if FPCM?
Seen these FPCMs mounted up under the spare tire on the 1500 series trucks.

Well thats not where they are mounted on a cruze......was the fuse block replaced