Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002 yukon. Third row bench seat. Attachment locks engaged…

Customer Question
2002 yukon. Third row...
2002 yukon. Third row bench seat. Attachment locks engaged on driver side but not on passenger side. Seat back is upright. Lever 1 is stuck and wilmnot release seat back to go for ward.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/26/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience: Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

have you tried wd 40 on the lever and move it back and forth ,any obstruction on the lever mechanize ,look under it .

click on link to view pdf file diagram/ picture of the rear seat latch / lever and tell me if this the latch you are referring too

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Tried lubrication and manipulation. The lock mechanism is hitting a stop on the driver's side near base
I see the next move is to try to remove the seat or loosen the bolts and move it away , easier said than done,
Was the seat moving look at the bolts any loose
I removed the plastic housing and was able to trip the interlock with a screwdriver.
Awesome ,but before putting back toghether check why we getting stuck ,they sell lisse et called blaster at local parts store better than WS 40 try that on it

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chevy Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat