Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My steering wheel is locked and won't unlock any more, Yes I…

Customer Question
My steering wheel is...

My steering wheel is locked and won't unlock any more

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Yes I have and it won't budge and it was ok a little while ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

It's a 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am and I messed around with the key in the ignotion while turning the key at the same time and thumped real slowly with a hammer stuff I saw on youtube

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much all I've tried some professional advice would be more helpful then youtube

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/26/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Todd Audette, Chevy Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, Chevy Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** i have reviewed your question.....what is the yr. make and model....is it a corvette?

Do you still need assistance?