Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

97 chevy lumina heats sometimes and overheats alot when heat…

Customer Question
97 chevy lumina heats...

97 chevy lumina heats sometimes and overheats alot when heat doesnt work. Ive replaced radiator, water pump, thermostat, and bleeder valves and bled it properly. Whats the deal?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

About a month ago and yes twice. I usually turn it off before it gets too hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lumina yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and thermostat, waterpump, radiator, fans, and bleeder valves

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has a kinda buzzing noise near the resistor.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/25/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 5 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

when these engines do this with a new water pump the issue is one of the head gaskets allowing a small amount fo compression into the cooling system which will slow down and stop the flow of coolant

at this point with everything you did that is the ONLY thing left o cause this issue i am sorry to say'you need to replace the headgaskets to fix this issue

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician