Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Thanks for all the excellent and correct information here. I…

Customer Question
Hey there, Thanks...
Hey there, Thanks for all the excellent and correct information here. I have a 2000 Astro all-wheel-drive with 32" tires and a 12" lift. I have converted to 4 x 4 and have replaced both differentials The rear with a Z 71 the front with an S 10 bolt on style axle and change the gears the 410's. Or Is it 411's? Regardless I'm in the process of swapping out the transfer case to a Np246 and need to add a switch in the dash. I was thinking just use a posilock push pull cable for the differential. (Summit racing). However my issue is the the frankenvan was full-time awd. So, what I'm doing is adding the switch (no auto 4wd). However the wiring harness colors change. So Id like to instal a newer style gm bush button (square dash insert with 3 round illuminated buttons) but I'm the thinkjng this Is the wrong switch. However, It will fit best in my modified dash. Questions are:
1) can i make this switch work with this harness...
2) is this even going to work at all or do ineed to involve the vehicle computer (very difficult obviously) or should I go 241 manual (placement difficult)
3) what do think about the posi-lock idea to bypass the custom connection from transfer case to front diff.
4) Is there is a button configuration that will work best. I have the 2 long thin left hand style pins on the model I pulled at the yard but would rather go with a square style.
5) Do you guys gave schematic for what the pins on the switch are? Can i wire directly from the switch to the transfer case? Basically make mundo own harness. Or is there a year harness I should try to get Or should focus on?
6) do the encoder motor pins stay the same on all models
Last) if I add the doorman electric differential actuator I'm guessing I can bypass the cable and posilock.
I know this is a lot of info and questions but I'm certain your gonna have the correct direction for me to follow.
Again. I'm not adding the auto 4wd.
Thanks for your time!
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 2 days by:
11/28/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither is the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident their answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris