Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

P0400 code on my Suzuki Esteem. I have replaced the EGR

Customer Question
valve, the EGR vacuum valve...
P0400 code on my Suzuki Esteem. I have replaced the EGR valve, the EGR vacuum valve switch, hoses, replaced the computer, removed the throttle body and cleaned, and also cleaned the inside of plenum and the EGR tubes and cleaned and ran the test by the manual and I still get the code coming back on. What else can it be. HELP///
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/25/2017
Chevy Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

Did you take a long skinny flat bladed screwdriver and stick through the hole on the intake manifold that the EGR Valve connects too?you should be able to push it all the way through the hole and hit the wall on the other side of the manifold

are you there?

while I had the throttle body off I took the EGR loose and cleaned that hole also

and you removed the egr tube to the exhaust?

It has a new tube on it but I'll pull and recheck to make sure

ok.

You are talking about the far end of the tube that comes from under EGR ?

yes

hows it going?

She just got home with the car. I removed the tube and ran a pic and screwdriver through the hole all the way and it is clear. The one thing I'm concerned about is the vacuum regulator has a filter type pad in the top of it and it is soaked with water and soot. Is that normal? I cleaned and dried it but it's not the first time I've noticed heavy condensation there and out the vacuum lines to the vacuum switch

not normal. let me look into that