Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

If I change the tire size on a 2018 Sierra can the computer…

Customer Question
If I change the...

If I change the tire size on a 2018 Sierra can the computer be re-set to read the speed accurately?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/25/2017
Chevy Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Yes as long as you don't go too radical then computer can be programmed with the size of the tires you will be running so the speedometer reads correctly. More importantly the traction control/stability system will be happy.

Please let me know if you have further questions, if nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks

Are you still with me??

Do you think a non-GMC authorized dealer will be able to this?
Do you know how it is done?

Sorry I was offline when you replied.

Yes if a shop has a GM GDS 2 tool or an up to date pro level scantool they can set up the computer for the new size. It is one of the menu options on the scantool and is just a matter of entering the new information to the computer memory.

Please let me know if you have further questions.