Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I turned my truck off and now it will not start I replaced…

Customer Question
I turned my truck...

I turned my truck off and now it will not start I replaced the fuel pump and the filter but it doesn't seem to be getting gas up to the throttle body

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

It have been replaced before

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

1991 Silverado

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a friend working on it he replaced the fuel pump and the filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could the fuel lines be stopped up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/25/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Have you checked fuel pressure at the fuel rail?

Ok thanks

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

No

spray starting fluid in the throttle body or intake when cranking and if it runs then you know its a fuel issue