Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Drove ir aroud the block. Died. Went to start it and im

Customer Question
Drove ir aroud the...

Drove ir aroud the block. Died. Went to start it and im getting nothing to thwe starter. I can hear the relay in the dash and there is draw from the dash lights wheb turnjng the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes. Fuses were all good. The guy the truck came from took out the throttle body and intake replaced it with edlebrock intake and carb. Dont know that helps you any

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

89 chevy 1500 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive pulled the plugs to see if i hydro locked it. I turned the motor I tried jumping the starter but i cant see properly. Fuses. It does have msd. I know nothing about that. I went underneath to check linkage seems to be all hooked up. I was wondring if the brake switch could be a factor. My Yukon wouldnt turn over when the switch went

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Steering column is in rough shape

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/24/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

so the starter will not crank at all ?

No it's like it's in gear

can you get to the ignition switch bottom of the steering column ?

if so does the 2 big red wires show 12 volts ?

I hadn't checked that I do t have my millimeter with me

with it in PARK if you jump 12 volts to the purple wire at the ignition switch will it crank over ?