Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Stability system disabled messages comes on with service 4wd

message JA: What is the model/year...
stability system disabled messages comes on with service 4wd message
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: its a 2005 tahoe LT
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just changed the 4wd switch in the dash its going to a shop for further help
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 2-4 weeks on and off but recently been stuck with both messages on when starting vehicle and thought the car ride for a week now
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats all
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
127,000 miles feels like its stuck in 4wd
11/24/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The first steps one would take to diagnose this is a scan tool to get the codes. Once the codes are known they will look up the diagnostic steps. These steps will then be followed to determine what is not to blame to narrow it down to what is to blame. Since this occurs when first started before even driving. This is likely not to be a speed sensors failure.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Sorry you were not pleased and got a refund. If you need more help we can continue once you put funds back into your account.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician