Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I gotta Chevy Cruze 2011 auto the car jerks and sometimes…

Hello I gotta Chevy Cruze...
Hello I gotta Chevy Cruze 2011 auto the car jerks and sometimes revs really high and doesn’t go forward ?
11/24/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Any warning lights on?

None of the forward gears will move the vehicle forward even when reved up?

No warning light the car drives it just hesitates when trying to haul ass not in a Ridiculous way just one trying to give it some speed but if I drive like a gamma it’s fine
when I park I smell what I believe a burnt transmission

Have you checked the trans oil level, color, and odor?

Under hard accel, does the issue affect all forward gears or mainly a certain one or shift?

It feel like all shifts are like that and I see there’s no dip stick but I pulled off the cap and smelled and it didn’t smell to bad
question is are you aware of any computer issue that can cause this
I’ve even scanned it I’m a dealer btw

Yes there is an update for harsh shifts, shown here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7b0b4ktsjf5x0j/harshshift.pdf?dl=0

The first inspections related to this concern would be a sample of the fluid, and monitoring the speed sensors on the trans, and the line pressure, and the throttle position signal.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Ok so I have literally all of the symptoms in this document how can I do the update my self ?
what’s the cost estimate at the stealership
Lol

If you have a dealer equivalent diagnostic tool that has internet connectivity to GM to get updates then you can do it at home. At a dealer the charge would be about 50$.

Ok and what do I tell them at the dealership

You can print off the TSB I sent and show it to them or tell you want a computer update done for harsh shifting.

Ok cool and last question what if that doesn’t work ??

If that does not work the tests I mentioned will need to be done.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Okay thanks

You are welcome

I did everything and changed the fluid so dose that mean I need to rebuild transmission if so how much

An overhaul does appear to be needed. An exact estimate without it apart on a table to see all that is damaged is not possible. Remove, overhaul, install, about 1800-2400$.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician