Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Air stuck on defrost. I have a new servo and a new control…

Air stuck on defrost...

Air stuck on defrost. I have a new servo and a new control have also tried to calibrate with no luck. all fuse are good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2000 Suburban

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have a new servo motor and a hvac new control

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

New parts still no luck

I have replaced the vent mode servo motor and the HVAC control. I have also tried a calibrate. Still nothing works at all air still blows out defrost vent
11/23/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, does it have manual or automatic/digital climate control

Manual

Ok, have you tried operating the mode door actuator by the control panel with the mode door actuator not connected to the hvac housing to make sure it is receiving signal from the control panel to eliminate wiring harness issue

I have tried that it will not move I will check with a volt meter in morning and let you know. t is now dark here.
over the petal also replaced the HVAC control head.

Ok, just wanted to be sure.

Ok, let me know what you find out tomorrow.

Got it working. After doing some further looking on line. I found out that the motor in the actuator had been ran to a stopping point. I had to open it up and pull motor off the gears and move the vent arm to center position. I put actuator back together installed into truck working as it should now. There is two marks on the housing and if the center cog marks runs outside of those marks the motor will not run you will have to reset motor.
Thank You.

glad you got it and have a great Thanksgiving

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Thanks