Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to replace the brake fluid reservoir on the master…

Customer Question
Trying to replace the...

Trying to replace the brake fluid reservoir on the master cylinder, it is tighter than I expected ... so Im looking to see if I am missing anything before i try to apply more force

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Chevy. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Its a 1999 suburban

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Chevy Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

Often there is a roll pin through a tab holding the reservoir on along with the O rings.

What is the part number and brand of the master you have?

no number on it ... original oems part
no roll pin either ... replacement just has rubber seals

Ok, then just a large screwdriver under the reservoir to work it loose front and rear and it pops off.

Why are you replacing this if you don't have new parts? $35 for a new cylinder with a new reservoir connected. Is this worth changing for a critical safety system?