Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just recently it feels like tires are shaking and pulling to…

Customer Question
Just recently it feels...

Just recently it feels like tires are shaking and pulling to one side. people tell me tires need realighment is that problem

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Tires are about 3 years old not aroblem before . whole car and stearing wheel shakes as well

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2011 chevy malibu

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just need to know what I can expect

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

A bad alignment can cause the car to pull but not normally shake the steering wheel. The problem sounds more like you may have a bad tire. If one of the tires has a shifted belt it will cause a pull and the shaking you are describing. I would suggest you get the car in ASAP to a trusted tire shop and have them inspect all four tires to be sure you do not have a shifted belt or thread separation in one of them. This needs to be addressed as soon as you can because it that is the case you could end up having a blow out.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.