Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When turn the key to ign crank it starts to turn and then…

Customer Question
When turn the key...

When turn the key to ign crank it starts to turn and then blows the fuse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Park - Do you mean the steering wheel if so yes it is locked until you start the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

99 K1500 4wd chevy suburban

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Suburban?

99

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

My son is. He swapped out a 40 amp fuse tried to start the motor and it blew the fuse. It blew the first fuse yesterday am

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this going to cost?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/22/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

what exact fuse is blowing ?

if you remove the starter relay will it still blow when holding the key to crank ?