Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

This morning on interstate my 2013 Traverse got the service

Customer Question
Hi - this morning on...
Hi - this morning on interstate my 2013 Traverse got the service track stabiliy and power reduction issue. Seems to be common.
JA: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I don't intend to fix myself unless its as simple as changing battery, lightbulb or windshield wipers
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: yes I've changed batteries
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Chevy
11/21/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 20 days ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Some of the more common causes are a fault with either the throttle body electronics or a wheel speed sensor fault.This can cause these issues here.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug in and can read all computers in your vehicle.Once the codes are read out they can then be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.Most shops or a dealer can read out and diagnose the codes as well as repair the issue for a fee.In some cases a local parts store can read out the fault codes at no charge to you.They usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault needing replaced.

Until the codes are read out and diagnosed and repaired the issue will usually continue unfortunately.The issue may come and go off and on or may stay permanent until it is repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician