Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 motor and I

Customer Question
replaced the transmission mount because...
I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 motor and I replaced the transmission mount because it was broken and now I feel every vibration from the engine and transmission, especially at idle. I had the motor mounts replaced and that didn't help. What can I do to fix the bad vibration?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/21/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Did the vibration start after the trans mount was replaced or before it was replaced?

I never noticed it before. Seemed to run very smooth

Then the mount was either installed backwards, or the wrong mount was installed. Where did the trans mount come from?

I ordered it online and do not remember from where
Did replacing the mount only reveal an existing vibration?

I am sorry to say it but most online stores like rock auto, sell parts that where poorly made. You would be much better off going to Oreilly's or advance auto parts and getting a good name brand mount. They are made with better quality as well as have a much better warranty, and if it does need to be replaced, the store is in town and you do not have to mail the old one back to get a new one.

Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago

Just wanted to check in on you and see how things are going. Did you get a new mount?