Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

S10, 4.3L 6 cy. engine #2 clinder not firing and no

Customer Question
compression at all...
S10, 4.3L 6 cy. engine #2 clinder not firing and no compression at all
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/21/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

If you have no compression in that cylinder we have to determine if it is a valve head problem or rings, This is done by doing a dry and wet compression test. Are you familiar with this terminokogy and process? Would you like me to guide you through doing this yourself?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

I know how to check wet and dry compression

Then if that is your problem no compression in that cylinder that's your next thing to do. If your issue is something else I may be missing just advise me so I can help you further.

Ok thanks it’s going take me a day or so to get to this work on engine talk to you later

N/P I can check back with you tomorrow or whenever to help you along the way as you need.

Ok thanks petter

till then. G/N