Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2008 4x4 tahoe making noise on front driver side. Nothing…

Customer Question
2008 4x4 tahoe making...

2008 4x4 tahoe making noise on front driver side

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Noise get loud when going around curve to the right and nothing when going to the left

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Can you jack the front up and see if the wheels will wiggle in and out?

If it do then what?

It sounds like you have a bad hub bearing in the front. If either or both wheels will wiggle in and out then that is where the bad bearing is.

I jacked up front end. No loose movement in front wheels.
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago

Did you try moving the top of the tire in and out?

No free play in wheels

Can you describe the noise you hear when turning right?

Roaring almost like a train moving

Can you spin the front wheels and see if you can hear any whining noises?

I didn't hear any squeaking or grinding noise

I hate to replace parts that i can not prove are bad, but from what you have told me the right hub bearing has to be where the noise is coming from that you hear.

I'll probably take the wheels off and inspect them anyway. Maybe I can find something obvious

Look at the top edges of the rotor front and back and see if the brake pads are hitting funny, or the rotor is hitting the caliper bracket. If it is, then the bearing is bad.

OK thanks

You are very welcome.