Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I changed the high pressure hose from the hydraboost to the…

I changed the high...

I changed the high pressure hose from the hydraboost to the steering gear on my 2004 Silverado 6.6 duramax. It is hard to turn the wheel as if the power steering is not working. Suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Yes it was whining some. I filled the reservoir.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I just changed the leaking high pressure hose

11/20/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Was everything working before the replacement of the hose?

ok so it sounds like you just need to bleed the system, to do that you will need to jack the front end up and rotate the wheels back and fourth about 20 times, lock out to lock out on the wheel when turning, these systems are a pain to get all the air out,

Ok

hows the bleed coming?

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician