Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Car wont start door wont lock or unlock but battery good.

Car wont start door...

Car wont start door wont lock or unlock but battery good

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yea i checked it seems fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

Tahoe 2006 i was wondering about the bcm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im assuming it is something electrical so i went thru and checked all the fuses , the fuel pump seems to be coming on im kinda lost right now

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think thats it

11/20/2017
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

will the engine physically crank over ?

ive never heard the sound before i sounds like it wants to start then just stops

ok so it is physically cranking over it just will not fire up

if that is correct can you see if the engine will somewhat run on starting fluid being sprayed into the throttlebody ?

i will try im not at the vehicle right now

if it will the odds are the fuel pressure is too low due to a bad fuel pump

OR the theft system has shut off the injectors which you would need to check for an injector pulse next with a test light at an injector when cranking it over

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

i did notice the theft system warning lights on would starter or fuel pump stop the doors from unlocking or locking

no neither would

yes the BCM controls the theft system and if you do NOT have an injector pulse and you have spark then the odds are the BCM or PCM are bad since the door locks stopped working

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
is there a reset procedure for the bcm or pcm

just disconnecting both battery cables for 5 minutes

how often does that normally work

very rare for it to work

the key to this issue is if its missing fuel or an injector pulse

i just had a fuel pump replaced a few months ago not sure about injector pulse

if it has spark then it is missing fuel or the injector pulse

ok thanks

anytime

Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician