Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

GMC Terrain 2012 stalled and I had to get a tow. Onstar did…

Customer Question
GMC Terrain 2012 stalled...

GMC Terrain 2012 stalled and I had to get a tow. Onstar did a diagnostic test and it gave this: P0010 - Intake (A) Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit / Open (bank 1) how much will it cost to get that repaired? I'm a student

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Terrain yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, have to take it either to Chevy or another mechanic while I was waiting for a tow truck the battery went dead, and the towtruck driver had to give it a jump. while I was driving on the freeway it started stalling and engine light came on, I wanted to stop and see what was going on, while I tried to back into a parking space it stalled again so I stayed put and called Onstar then insurance for a tow

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No do you think it could just be the battery?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/20/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Normally this code means exactly what the description for the code is, the actuator solenoid is faulty. Assuming that is the failure, unknown for sure until come diagnostics are done. A dealer will charge you an hour of labor for diag, 0.2 hours to replace the solenoid that costs 52.92$. So the total bill will be about 180$

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris