Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

94 chevy pick up 3/4 ton turned off like it ran out of gas.

Customer Question
94 chevy pick up...

94 chevy pick up 3/4 ton turned off like it ran out of gas. Replaced gas filter and spark plugs. Gas is squirting out of tbi and I have spark. Still not starting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

When it was running it was same as usual. Friend mentioned that it was running rich the other day though.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '94 Chevy?

2500 standard

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I replaced fuel filter and plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/20/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

What size engine does your truck have in it?

5.7litre
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago

Did you check more then one cylinder for spark?

If you have fire and fuel, then you need to do a compression test on all 8 cylinders. You may have jumped time at the timing chain.

Ok

Let me know what you get for a reading on each cylinder and I will see if you have a problem.