Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 chevy Silverado ac is blowing hot air on both sides. It…

Customer Question
2007 chevy Silverado ac...

2007 chevy Silverado ac is blowing hot air on both sides. It does this at random, put sometime when I hit a dump?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Now Iam had it in the shop changes some acuaters,put that has't stoped the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i now at this time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/19/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have an AUTO temp control system with temp settings for controls or manual controls?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Manual
No

I apologize for the delay.

There were issues with wiring connections at the right hand side of the dash for this issue here.The connections cause what you have described here.GM had released a bulletin on this issue.Bulletin No.: 07-01-38-009B.

DO NOT REPLACE THE CONTROL HEAD.

Use the following information to diagnose this condition:

The concern must be current before diagnosis can be performed.

Review and print the following SI documents - Electrical Center Identification Views, for use during diagnosis:

- Junction Block - Right I/P, Top View

- Junction Block - Right I/P X4

- Junction Block - Right I/P X5

Locate the Junction Block - Right Side IP on the vehicle.

For the appropriate actuator, measure the following signals for voltage/resistance from the BACK of the X4 or X5 connector and record the following:

DO NOT unplug the X4/X5 connector.

Turn Ignition On, A/C Blower Full, if possible - mode on "panel" and Temp to "cold."

Once the fault is removed, the actuator will stay in default position until commanded to a new position. Change commanded position regularly to see if the issue is still current.

Continue to monitor door positions (feedback) on Tech2 to see if it changes during circuit testing.

- Ignition Voltage - 12V

- Door Control Signal - 2.5V when stationary, OV when commanded toward "cold" or "panel", 5V when commanded toward "hot" or "defrost"

- Low Reference - less than 40 ohm with ignition on. Less than 10 ohm with ignition off

- Door Position Signal - measure voltage

- 5 Volt Reference - 5V

If any signals do not display the correct value or if the issue is corrected during testing, pull the connector and check the terminal for poor tension (use the appropriate terminal tool). Replace or repair the terminal if poor tension is found.

If all signals are correct at RH BEC, reconfirm the customer's comments.

If the condition is not present, no further repairs are necessary. If the condition is still present, recheck the actuator connector 5 volt reference circuit, pin drag test and repair connector/pin as necessary.

Some customers may comment that the A/C blows hot air or is inoperative. They may also comment that they are unable to change the temperature or HVAC mode of the vehicle. Under these conditions, the actuator has moved to a default position. Refer to the table.

If you pull the trim panel off the side of the dash on the passenger side edge of the dash you should see these connections,make sure they are all seated properly and that the wiring isnt pulled tight and correct as needed.If this is all found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete