Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1999 Silverado with no heat. It blows luke warm air…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a 1999 Silverado with no heat. It blows luke warm air and one heater hose is hot one is cold. Door actuator was replaced, and I do have anti freeze.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

The thermostat on my dash reads 210 and I have coolant in the truck

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, replaced the air door actuator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It blows air but it is not hot air

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/18/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

You either have a thermostat partially stuck open, a water pump that is corroded and not moving enough coolant, or a restricted heater core. Heat on and blower on full speed one heater hose should be near 190 and the other near 170. I would start by removing the hoses and flush the core in both directions with a garden hose to check for restriction and see if this improves flow.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

I closed the duplicate post you just opened so you are not charged more.