Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Chevy 1500 4.3 v6, the car loses power and…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Chevy...
I have a 2006 Chevy 1500 4.3 v6, the car loses power and hesitating when accelerating from a stop, it only happens when the vehicle is hot usually 20-30 into driving, it only happens in low mph, once I’m passing 40 or so everything is going smooth, here’s what I’m working with, there’s multiple misfire on bank 1, it also says bank 1 below trashhold, o2 sensor code is out as well, I did a tune up and replaced a broken catlitic converter on bank one, I have a cheap scanner that shows -30% short trim on #1 and 0% at #2
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/18/2017
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 5 months ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

is the bank 1 converter melted down?

I’m not sure, it was making all sorts of noises for a few months now, one mechanic suggested to have it replaced it might solve the issue, I’ve took it to the muffler shop and had them take care of it

was it replaced? if not it needs to be checked for melt down

It was replaced

any other codes besides the miss fire

Well I have 3 codes, bank #1 multiple missfire, bank #1 below trashhold, oxygen sensor

so you still have a converter code? po 420?

they actually cut off both catalytic converters and put a straight pipe

ahh ok... any vacum leaks? and did he delete the o2 sensors?

I don’t have equipment to detect vacuum leak, however I think vacuum leak is usually an issue that has to do with the mixture being lean not rich, my reading is -30 fuel short trim #1, o2 sensor is still showing due to a faulty sensor.

when he deleted the converters did he delete the oxygen sensors?

Deleting you mean erasing the codes?
Chevy Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You opted out the person helping, preventing further communication. Did you no longer need help?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician