Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 1993 TBI brand new engine, installed it on cj7

Hi. I have a 1993...
Hi. I have a 1993 TBI brand new engine, installed it on cj7 jeep , with new harness and computer, I started it today for 30 mins , was running good, I figured battery is not charging plus a little over heated but not bad, I shut it off and after 10 mins tried to start it again , bit battery was bad and it cranked so hard, but didn't start.
I charged the battery and cranked it again, but it won't start anymore, no injector pulse, no spark. I need help, thanks
11/18/2017
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

do you have another ignition module you can try..it may have just died.

I installed new module and new coil, still no spark, no injection pulse

is the distributer new?..did you double check the wire harness?

No, it's original distributor, and what harness you meant?

the harness to your distributer/coil and such

Its a new harness
It happened after battery got weak ,

do you have battery voltage on the + side of the coil?

There's two pigtails there, which one should I check

the one that has power,,i would think it has a bigger red wire on the + side

I need to check it tomorrow, what if there's no power there?

then it would be a problem from the switch to the coil.....

should I jump a positive to it?

if it does have power,,i would think the pick-up is bad in the distributor,,

be sure to check your fuses

I checked all fuses , they are good, do you think I need to change the distributor? It looks good,
Don't you think it's the computer?

possible always possible..but i dont think it is the ecm

Thanks for your help, I'll check the pick up tomorrow and will let you know

please do

thanks

About your rate, I'll give you highest rate, I like you manner

thank you very much

You bet buddy, I'll contact you tomorrow morning if you don't mind

ill be on and off of here at different times tomorrow

thanks

Morning, I checked the re thick wire goes to the coil, no power,
I jumped the positive on it and it's starting now, so what should I change now?

IF YOU ARENT GETTING POWER TO THE COIL..YOU ARENT GETTING POWER FROM THE SWITCH..

I REALLY DONT KNOW THE SET UP FROM THE SWITCH OF THE JEEP IS RELATION TO THE CHEVY..BUT THE PROBLEM IS FROM THE SWITCH TO THE COIL

THANKS

I found it , the problem was from the fuse box, it is a new fuse box and was loose , I tighten it , it's starting now, thanks so very much for your help

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME..GLAD YOU GOT IT

Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic