Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Rear wiper not working. Fuses are good and fluid is working.

Customer Question
Rear wiper not working JA: Have...
Rear wiper not working
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Yes fuses are good and fluid is working
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 07 trail blazer
JA: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuses, breakers and motor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Chevy
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Help
11/17/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics replied 28 days ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics

sorry for the delay..........
Please Test Voltage (DC) + on "both sides" of Circuit Breaker "9", with Key & Rear Wiper ON
Located in the Rear Fuse Panel
Click Attachment Below
IF there is Voltage + ONLY on one side of the Circuit Breaker:
Remove Circuit Breaker for 1 minute
Reinstall & listen / feel for "click".....
IF there was a click, then there is a short in the wiper Motor system & Rear Wiper needs to be checked
IF there is Voltage on "both sides" of Circuit Breaker "9", you will need to test the ORANGE wire at the Wiper Module in Rear
IF Voltage is present, then likely the Module has failed

,.

Let me know if you need further

.

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..

Chevy Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics replied 23 days ago

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.
You agreed to Rate the answer when you signed up
Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.
..................................................................................

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics