Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2008 Chevy impala only moves in reverse. Putting

Customer Question
My 2008 Chevy impala...

My 2008 Chevy impala only moves in reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?

Putting transmission fluid in. That’s it

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time your transmission fluid was checked? Changed?

About 2 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I️t won’t catch any one my gears. Not 1,2, or 3. I️ had to drive home backwards

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/17/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This should not be an electrical issue if you were wondering. It will still engage forward gears with electrical issue. Since even the manual low gears result in no movement. Your more than likely in this case looking at the clutch failure from either burnt up clutch plates or the clutch piston seals failed and the fluid pressure is no longer able to squeeze the clutch plates. If you plan to diagnose and overhaul, let me know and I help more if needed.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris