Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Windows won’t go up/down in my 2005 Chevy Malibu. Checked…

Customer Question
Windows won’t go up/down...

Windows won’t go up/down in my 2005 Chevy Malibu. Checked the wiring and there is current, the motor is fine, replaced the switch and that didn’t help. I was told it may be the relay (from a mechanic) and I was wondering how to find it and see if that is the problem .

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?

234K. The battery is relatively new, no more than 2 years old

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. The motor is fine, there isn’t current to the wires. I replaced the switch and it didn’t help

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t believe so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/17/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok at the drivers switch check yellow for power and black for ground

Wanted to clarify, did you want me to check the switch to see if yellow was for power and black for ground

yes backprobe the connector on the switch