Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 09 chevy colorado LT 4 cyl 2wd. there is a code i…

hi i have a 09...
hi i have a 09 chevy colorado LT 4 cyl 2wd. there is a code i need to fix to pass deq. po411 need help to find out whats the problem.
11/17/2017
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great today. My name is***** am a GM technician and would be happy to assist you with this today.

Has the truck been driving normal? Or has it started to run rough? If it still runs good then I bet you are due for this update, GM has released an updated module software to take care of this code when it is on intermittently. The ECM needs to be reprogrammed, which can be done at any local GM repair center. I am going to attach a copy of the GM bulletin below for reference. Let me know if you have any questions about it :)

"PIP4361B: Intermittent SES Light due to DTCs P013B and or P0411 DTC - Reprogram ECM - keywords calibration cold controls engine engineering investigation lamp light program recalibrate reflash ses start - (Jun 12, 2008)

Subject: Intermittent SES Light due to DTCs P013B and/or P0411 DTC

Models: 2008 Chevrolet Colorado
2008-2010 GMC Canyon
2008 Hummer H3
with 2.9L Engine (RPO LLV)
or 3.7L Engine (RPO LLR)
2008-2010 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2008-2010 GMC Envoy
2008 Saab 97x
with 4.2L Engine (RPO LL8)

This PI was superceded to include DTC P013B as well. Please discard PIP4361A.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
On rare occasions, an intermittent SES light may be experienced due to DTCs P013B and/or P0411.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Reprogram the ECM with the latest TIS2Web calibrations and evaluate the concern. At this time, the latest calibration is titled "New calibration with diagnostic enhancements for DTC P0411." This calibration, or any that follow, is designed to address this concern. "

it stats and make a loud sound for like 10 secons then it sound ok! but the pcm set only the po411 3 times like it had 3 codes but its the sameone. my scannersugest to replace some solenoid what do u know about that? cause its not suggesting any update

Okay that is good to know, is it like a grinding/bearing noise or a popping noise? It is possible it is either the AIR control solenoid or the AIR pump assembly

can u tell me how to check them and where they are please

The pump should be mounted below the intake along the frame, there is no actual test for it other than to unhook the hoses and listen to the output of the pump. The solenoid is inline with the pump tubes, it is tested via commanding on/off with a scantool

Hello, any luck with this?

if i unplug hoses and start engine how much baccum it has to have or aa long it has baccum its fine?
As long as vacuum is present then the piping should be good
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician