Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

After plug wire replacement some Monitors won't come up

Customer Question
After plug wire replacement...

After plug wire replacement some Monitors won't come up ready. Fuelsystem,Evap system EGR VVT ,O2 sensor It's a 2014 silverado.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. It failed inspection. I havent tried anything else yet.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/16/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Ron Z., - Chevy Tech - replied 5 months ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

May I have the engine size in this vehicle?

5.3

Great. Thank-you! Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

When a repair is made and the trouble codes are cleared, this resets the on-board computer's "Readiness Monitors". The computer now needs to do a "reboot" of sorts and re-check all the systems. The only way to cure this is to drive the vehicle. This is known as a "Drive Cycle". GM has issued a procedure that should better help get these monitors set more quickly. I can provide that drive cycle for you here: https://goo.gl/83KFfo

For best and quickest results, try to stay as close to the times and speeds stated in the procedure.

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

..

Were there any other questions I could help you with today?

No

Ok. Great! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating for our Q&A using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great day!

HI! I noticed this Q&A was still open and you did not leave a rating, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this? Any other questions you had? If you have no further questions, Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page.

I won't know if it worked until try another inspection next week

I understand. Please keep in mind, your rating does not close out the question. You can always return to ask follow-ups. Please consider rating your answer so I may be compensated for my time and information. Thank-you.

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -