Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Wil a k&n air filter hurt my engin on a 2015 chevy inpala.

Customer Question
Wil a k&n air...

Wil a k&n air filter hurt my engin on a 2015 chevy inpala

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

No i just put in in chevy said if i do no warranty

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No chevy doz the oil change tyay sead that k& n will mess up the moter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can chevy void my warranty with that k& n filter

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/15/2017
Chevy Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 5 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

I hate to say it but yes they can decline any warranty work that may need to be done in the future. The K & N filter will not hurt the car, but based on the letter of the warranty any mods to the car can void the warranty. But here is a little secret. What they do not know will not hurt them or you. Use the k&n filter under normal driving, but put a stock filter back in before you take it in for service. I know this may be a pain, but the K & N filter really does help the car.

[email protected] sad cvevy cant void your warrante for the use of that but you put in black& whit its runs some much better now with that filter gaind 2 miles prgallon in the city y doz chevy call it an mod
its money los to vhevy thank so but any
way

They call it a mod due to the fact it is an oiled filter. K&N filters have to be kept cleaned and oiled for them to work correctly. The use of a K&N filter will not void an aftermarket warranty, but for some reason the powers that be in the corporate offices of GM they have decided that oil based air filters will cause damage to the engine by modifying the air to fuel ratio. I personal do not agree with this as I have seen better emissions numbers with a k&n filter verses a stock filter. So not only are they good for gas mileage, they also help keep the air cleaner.

[email protected] is wrong about that gm warrenty win thay say wont void it then wee hell ill just put the oem back in

Have a look at this page and print it off and take it to your dealer and see what they have to say. https://www.knfilters.com/warrantyletter.htm

ok thanks your grate you get 5 stars

You are very welcome.

kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech