Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2010 chevy traverse seems to idle high while I'm driving.

Customer Question
My 2010 chevy traverse...

My 2010 chevy traverse seems to idle high while I'm driving. When I pull over, put it in park, then drive, it performs as normal. what's causing this?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

126,624 miles v6 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?

I bought the car used so the warranty is long gone. I took it to Firestone yesterday. they said it needed spark plugs and and an engine air filter. $539 of what seems more like maintenance later, i noticed the same problem again this morning.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Now my stabilitrak and ABS lights are on when they weren't before. I am also now getting a messaging that the traction control is off as well as my all wheel drive.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/15/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

from what you describe you have an issue with the throttle body and or accelerator pedal.

do you own a scan tool or is the check engine light on as well?

not sure if my last message went through, my name is ***** ***** I can help with this :)

check engine light was on when I took it to Firestone. Today's off but now, the ABS and stabilitrak lights are on! It's also now reading that I need to service my traction control and All Wheel Drive is Off too.

you have an electronic throttle body that limits the throttle based on accelerator pedal input, well the motor can fail or the throttle body can be gummed up , since there is no cable the motor that runs it must meet certain positions , if it does not then the lights you speak of will come on because the limiting of the throttle is actually part of the traction system.

yeah all of those can be tied into the throttle body, did firestone run the fault codes do you know?

Not sure. I will ask

ok, if I can get the fault code then I can give you the best possible scenario.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician