Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Battery light came on and went off.. When I put it in drive…

Customer Question
Battery light came on...

Battery light came on and went off.. When I put it in drive the wheel jerks back and forth on it’s on and then the steering wheel locked up and the battery went dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chevy?

2006 Malibu

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. This just happened.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/15/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Chevy Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

How old is your battery?

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The tech which was helping opted out. The first steps we need to do are charge the battery to 12.6 volts, clean the connections. Attempt a restart. If it will start then we need to check the running voltage. It should be 13-15 volts if the alternator is doing its part. Can you get to this point and respond?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris