Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I had a remote car starter install in my daughter’s

Customer Question
car...it’s not doing a great...
I had a remote car starter install in my daughter’s car...it’s not doing a great job of starting the car unless you are really pretty close.Is there something we can do to make it work better?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/14/2017
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 8 months ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

what brand and model #?

i dont know and cant get it until this evening. Ill let you know when i have it

ok please do

Its and OMEGA RS 330 e
i have direct bypass module
did you get that

yes where is the antenna mounted? how many feet away do you need to be?

its my daughters car and she isnt here right now. have to me 75 -100 feet away
1 of 2 things. the remote start antennae needs to be moved or the unit is faulty.. try relocating the antenna first
ok ill let you know how t hat works

let me know

the antenna is mounted by the VISOR inside the car

thats a great spot if its non obstructed then either the unit is defective or the distance is out of limits

if i need a new one can they use the pre existing wiring and module

yes they can just unplug the box and plug the new one