Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

All good - I wanted to know if onstar tracks your location.

Customer Question
All good - I...

All good - I wanted to know if onstar tracks your location

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Chevy. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Just that I would rather not be tracked 24/7

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chevy
11/13/2017
Chevy Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Yes if your On Star is active then it dose track your location. What year is your Chevy? Is the system active?

Escalade 2016
Can I stop it?

According to On Star they continue to track you even if you cancel your subscription. That being said they do offer an Opt out if you do not want to be tracked. You will need to contact them for this feature. See the article in the link below.

https://www.wired.com/2011/09/onstar-tracks-you/

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.